Friday, March 26, 2010

The kitchen, after an adventure in cake-baking

Lots of pics to show off from this venture, but the one I wanted to share the most for now is the messy kitchen!

Several things to note, the first of which is that this is a picture of my entire working counter-space. Not even kidding. Second thing to note is the mixer, which is one of my joys in life (it kept Waylon out from under my feet while making this came, thank goodness!).

Also, see Mickey Mouse? That's a cookie jar that my mom gave me when I moved into my first apartment. I don't often have cookies in there (right now there are shelled pecans in it), but having it on the kitchen counter at my first house - at the first house Randy and I are able to call ours - is kind of important to me.

Now for a wider shot, after I cleaned the monumental mess left by making this awesome lemon cake:


The far left counter is home to the bread basket and is usually wear I lay the cookbook or recipe. The far right counter is home to my new KitchenAid food processor (my 30th birthday present from Randy), and just out of the picture on the right is the refrigerator.

Okay - now, the lemon cake is for tomorrow's baby shower, being held by some friends and I for another friend, Brooke. And I still have brownies to make, so time to get offline and get some sleep before the next adventure!

No comments: